Essentials: firm/extra-firm tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- ¼ block (approx. 4 oz) of firm/extra-firm tofu
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp sea or seasoned salt
- Press the water out of the tofu.
- Mix the seasonings together in a little bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Use your hands to crumble the tofu into the pan.
- Shake the seasoning blend over the tofu.
- Turn the heat down to medium and use a spatula or spoon to constantly scramble the tofu, evenly coating it with the seasonings.
- When the tofu is evenly golden (or golden brown if you prefer food well-done), transfer to a plate to enjoy!